Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

House Under Construction

Moving makes you nostalgic.  When I feel nostalgic, I reach for my camera or my hard drive with all my old photos. As I was looking through my photos, I came across some of our house when it was under construction.  It was nice to reflect back to the feelings of excitement as we were building this house.  My big guy was only four and my little guy was just an infant.  This was the second house John and I had built together.  I still remember watching the progression as the house moved from a dirt lot, to a framed building.

The framing and roof up.


After all the bricks and siding were in place. 


A view from the back with all the bricks and siding. 


We were truly blessed to be able to build this house.  As we prepared to say good bye to this house, I want to print out some of these early photos for potential buyers to see.  I think when you move into a house it is nice to see "where the house has been."  It's just one of those if walls could talk kind of feelings.  

Well, it seems someone has exploded a can of soda and my dear husband is sounding really stressed.  The thing about moving is that life goes on around you.  I'm off to check on the chaos and then do a little painting.  

Just another day full of little blessings...
:) Deb 



No comments:

Post a Comment